How to Clean A Washing Machine
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THEDEALYO ON PINTEREST
Here’s how to clean a washing machine. Did you know your washing machine collects dirt and needs a good scrub, just like the clothes it washes? Every 6 months or so you should take the time to clean and deodorize the inside of your washing machine. This works for both top loading machines and front loaders.
INGREDIENTS (Varies by Machine Type):
1/4 – 1 Cup of Baking Soda
3/4 – 4 Cups of White Vinegar
1. Start your wash on the longest and hottest setting. Once it’s 1/4 of the way full add 4 cups of white vinegar followed by a cup of baking soda.
2. Let the mixture agitate for 1 minute and then let it sit for 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes re-start your washing machine and let the cycle finish.
4. While the cycle is running, damp a rag with the mixture and wipe down the front of the machine, and knobs.
5. When the cycle ends, and you can open the lid, wipe down the inside of the machine to remove any lint or residue. Don’t forget to rub a rag over the softener opening as that usually gets gunky.
1. Start your wash on the longest and hottest setting. Also select the “extra rinse” option if your machine has it.
2. Mix 1/4 cup of baking soda with 1/4 cup of water. Once it’s completely mixed, add it to your detergent compartment.
2. Add 3/4 cups of white vinegar to the bleach compartment.
4. After the cycle is finished, damp a rag with vinegar and wipe down the front of the machine, rubber gaskets and compartments.
That’s it! It’s super easy and doesn’t use any harsh chemicals like bleach that can corrode rubber, etc.